Active citizens or socially responsible citizens, as factors, are the crucial part of MCIC’s approach, being included in all of its goals. Aside from the inclusion in the mainstreams of the society, MCIC will focus on the institutional development of rooted and dynamic civil society, which has influence on the public policies.
MCIC will work on creating a favorable climate for the civil society, development of the ‘3-C’ – communication, coordination, cooperation, on values, such as transparency and good governance, and on raising the trust and support.
MCIC will particularly research the civil society and the social responsibility of citizens.
- Social cohesion and poverty reduction
- Sustainable local and rural development
- Good governance, participation and people-based policy
- Acceptance of cultural diversity, interdependence and dialogue
- Support for Euro-integration process and enhanced regional cooperation
- MCIC – an independent and credible organisation
- MCIC – an organisation with local roots and a global outlook